1. 2 medium red onions
2. 6 red ripe Roma tomatoes (quality of tomato determines the difference between good and great Indian food :))
3. Ginger garlic paste - 1 TBS
4. Paneer tikka masala 2 TBS
5. Ready made paneer from the Indian store (I buy the Verka brand)
6. Frozen peas - 1 cup
7. Garam masala of high quality - 1.5 TBS (I buy freshly made and then refrigerate).
8. OIL, water, salt
9. 1 TBS cumin (jeera) seeds
10. Black pepper, chili powder - to taste.
Method:
Saute in 2 TBS vegetable oil, a TBS of cumin seeds, and thinly sliced onion. Add the ginger garlic paste and salute further. I keep this going for a VERY long time on low flame. Then, add the chopped tomatoes, sauté. (The recipe calls for 1/2 a cup of paste of cashew nuts but I didn't have any. If doing that, soak the cashews in hot water to soften first). Long time, low flame. Add the garam masala powder. Add a cup of hot water and let it cook in the spices.
In a ziplock bag, take cubes of paneer and add 2 TBS oil and black pepper, chili powder, and the paneer tikka masala powder, and salt, and close the bag tightly and toss around so the marinade coats the paneer. (Prepare the marinade first and then throw the paneer cubes in.) You might want to use more oil if you want this to taste REALLY good (I did). Then, stick it in the oven for 10 mins, at 350 degree celsius. Take it out and let it cool.
Add the cooked paneer to the boiling onion tomato spices mixture. Add the frozen peas. Add water to get it to desired consistency. When it is all cooked, turn the gas off, let it cool for 5 mins, and add a cup of Greek yoghurt. (or any yoghurt/milk/cream). I used Greek yoghurt as it's somewhat high in protein and low in carb. I try to add it everywhere I can.
And you're done. The paneer tasted really good because of baking in the marinade. Add more salt in the end.
2. 6 red ripe Roma tomatoes (quality of tomato determines the difference between good and great Indian food :))
3. Ginger garlic paste - 1 TBS
4. Paneer tikka masala 2 TBS
5. Ready made paneer from the Indian store (I buy the Verka brand)
6. Frozen peas - 1 cup
7. Garam masala of high quality - 1.5 TBS (I buy freshly made and then refrigerate).
8. OIL, water, salt
9. 1 TBS cumin (jeera) seeds
10. Black pepper, chili powder - to taste.
Method:
Saute in 2 TBS vegetable oil, a TBS of cumin seeds, and thinly sliced onion. Add the ginger garlic paste and salute further. I keep this going for a VERY long time on low flame. Then, add the chopped tomatoes, sauté. (The recipe calls for 1/2 a cup of paste of cashew nuts but I didn't have any. If doing that, soak the cashews in hot water to soften first). Long time, low flame. Add the garam masala powder. Add a cup of hot water and let it cook in the spices.
In a ziplock bag, take cubes of paneer and add 2 TBS oil and black pepper, chili powder, and the paneer tikka masala powder, and salt, and close the bag tightly and toss around so the marinade coats the paneer. (Prepare the marinade first and then throw the paneer cubes in.) You might want to use more oil if you want this to taste REALLY good (I did). Then, stick it in the oven for 10 mins, at 350 degree celsius. Take it out and let it cool.
Add the cooked paneer to the boiling onion tomato spices mixture. Add the frozen peas. Add water to get it to desired consistency. When it is all cooked, turn the gas off, let it cool for 5 mins, and add a cup of Greek yoghurt. (or any yoghurt/milk/cream). I used Greek yoghurt as it's somewhat high in protein and low in carb. I try to add it everywhere I can.
And you're done. The paneer tasted really good because of baking in the marinade. Add more salt in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment