I made one of the BEST dinners I've ever made. It turned out perfectly.
1. Sakkarai pongal (mom's recipe)
See below.
2. Ven Pongal (standard recipe - also mom's - check Archana's Kitchen for it),
http://www.archanaskitchen.com/indian-recipes/breakfast-tiffins/91-ven-pongal-south-indian-rice-and-lentil-pudding
I used a small pressure cooker. No container inside. Straight.
3. Eggplant Gotsu.
http://www.jeyashriskitchen.com/2013/07/kathirikkai-gothsu-brinjal-recipes.html
One variation : I added grated ginger (1TBS), and I used the small eggplant (Indian store).
Pongal or Akkaravadisal.
1 cup rice
3 cups milk
1 cup water
Pressure cook the above with load, straight (no inner container.2 sounds
Slow fire
Mash after opening, very very well. Pressure cook again if not mashed well.
Choose high quality vellam (jaggery). Cook the vellam in water, and mix with cooked rice.
In ghee, fry cashews, raisins.
Add yelakkai (cardamom) powder. I didn't add this.
Extra ghee tastes great.
1. Sakkarai pongal (mom's recipe)
See below.
2. Ven Pongal (standard recipe - also mom's - check Archana's Kitchen for it),
http://www.archanaskitchen.com/indian-recipes/breakfast-tiffins/91-ven-pongal-south-indian-rice-and-lentil-pudding
I used a small pressure cooker. No container inside. Straight.
3. Eggplant Gotsu.
http://www.jeyashriskitchen.com/2013/07/kathirikkai-gothsu-brinjal-recipes.html
One variation : I added grated ginger (1TBS), and I used the small eggplant (Indian store).
Pongal or Akkaravadisal.
1 cup rice
3 cups milk
1 cup water
Pressure cook the above with load, straight (no inner container.2 sounds
Slow fire
Mash after opening, very very well. Pressure cook again if not mashed well.
Choose high quality vellam (jaggery). Cook the vellam in water, and mix with cooked rice.
In ghee, fry cashews, raisins.
Add yelakkai (cardamom) powder. I didn't add this.
Extra ghee tastes great.
No comments:
Post a Comment