Dinner's going to be cracked wheat uppuma:
1 teaspoon sesame oil
mustard seeds
10 curry leaves
1 pinch asafoetida
Grated ginger (1 inch)
1 tablespoon udad dal for seasoning
1 cup chopped onion.
Frozen peas - 1 cup
Grated carrot - 1 cup.
Cracked wheat, pressure cooked (1 cup wheat to 2 cups water).
Oil, mustard seeds. Saute all of the rest of the above (except cracked wheat) for a few seconds after the mustard seeds crackle, until the udad dal turns golden.
I don't do tomatoes for uppuma, but you could.
Add pressure cooked cracked wheat (2.5 cups when cooked) into this mixture.
Salt. Maybe chilli powder or even sambhar powder. And you're done.
This is super yummy and high in fiber.
Watermelon drinks for dinner:
Ingredients:
1 watermelon
10 fresh mint leave
fresh juice of 2 limes
1.) Begin by scooping out all of the watermelon from the watermelon. (Get the seeds out. --Deepa). Place the scooped watermelon into the blender along with the 10 fresh mint leaves.
2.) Blend the ingredients until they are liquified (1 min)
3.) I like to add fresh lime juice to the above.
I found this recipe online at http://www.mealsmatter.org/recipes-meals/recipe/22817
I have shortened it and added step 3.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment