Monday, October 7, 2013

Hamburger bun pizza

Pre-heat over to 400 degrees. Started with 100% whole wheat hamburger buns from HEB. Prepare the oven sheet - rub a little oil on it so the bun won't stick to it. Lay out the bun after breaking them in half. A dollop of butter on each piece, and spread it. Add a TBS of pizza sauce (I make this, or buy it at HEB - any brand is good) and spread it, on each piece of the bun. I added chopped spinach leaves, shopped bell pepper. Spread a 1/2 tsp of a mixture of powdered ajjwain, red chili flakes, and black pepper on the veggies. I am going to try chaat powder next time. I added the blend of 4 cheeses (central mkt) - shredded cheese. Bake until cheese melts. About 8 minutes for the amount I have in the picture, i.e. 3 hamburger buns.

You could make it with different types of bread, diffrent veggies, and different cheeses and even sauces. I have made this with cilantro chutney (the one Gujratis make). Avoid veggies like egg-plant that need more time to cook. You can also use left over subzi (any subzi) from the previous day. it should be somewhat dry of course. TOo much gravy will make this soggy.

No comments: