Just made this fabulous subzi for lunch. We ate this with roti.
Ajwaini Mixed Vegetable Subzi
by archanagk (from : www.archanaskichen.com)
Ajwain/ Carom seeds used in this mixed vegetable gives it a Mediterranean flavor
Serves: 4 persons
Cooking time: 30 minutes Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients : Ajwaini Mixed Vegetable Sabzi
* 1 cup carrots cut 1 inch long length wise
* 1 cup beans cut 1 inch long length wise
* 2 cups eggplant cut 1 inch long length wise
* 1 cup sliced onions
* 1 cup tomatoes cut 1 inch long length wise
* 1 teaspoon carom/ajwain seeds
* 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
* ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
* ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
* 1 tablespoon Vegetable/Sunflower oil
* Salt to taste
Cook the carrots and beans. See Cooking Vegetables
Heat oil in a wok/frying pan; add ajwain seeds, onions and sauté until soft and tender.
Add the eggplant and sauté until cooked to tender.
Add turmeric powder, tomatoes, garam masala, chilli powder, cooked carrots and beans, and salt, sauté for few minutes until the tomatoes are cooked to tender. Leaving the tomatoes half cooked heightens the flavor.